What you’ll need:
Makes 6 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Salt
- 1 stick unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add honey, and beat until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Mix in chocolate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough into granulated sugar. Roll to coat, shaping into balls. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake until tops are cracking and cookies are just set, about 9 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2011